Thursday, August 7, 2008

Blake and Savannah Nelson

Blake and Savannah were married in the Rexburg, Idaho Temple on August 1. It was a beautiful sealing and wedding. We all met at the temple at noon and my Grandpa Nelson did the sealing and he did a great job. Savannah looked beautiful in her dress and Blake looked smitten with her, he is so happy. After the Sealing we looks some pictures and then headed to Plano, Idaho for the Family Lunch-which was yummy. Then later that night we went to the reception at Savannahs house, which was beautiful as well. The night was perfect, the couple looked happy and anxious to leave...now Blake and Savannah are in Costa Rica for the next week. It was so great to Blake so happy and in love, he has always been such a great brother and friend to me and I am excited for the both of them and for Savannah to join our family. Here is a candid shot of the siblings (minus Brock on his mission and Shawn at this dad's wedding). I thought it was a cute one

Blake, Savannah, my mom and dad The Nelson family...growing and growing. Again everyone except for Brock and Shawn.
So, my husbands father also got married on August 1, but in the Mt Timpanogas Temple. We had to spilt up for the weekend (the first time we were apart since we have been married...very sad). Shawn went to his dads wedding and then up to Evasnton for the family dinner and reception and went up to Rexburg for Blakes. I was sad to miss my father-in-laws wedding, I would have loved to be there, especially since all the family was together. But I was also sad to not have Shawn with me while we celebrated Blake's wedding. Either way both weddings turned out great and I am hoping to get some pictures from one of my sister in laws of the Platt wedding.
Now, we just have the Oregon reception at the end of the month!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Carissa - looks like you had fun. We missed you - as did your husband. It was sweet to see how much he loves you.

Bethany said...

congratulations to blake and savannah! and to your dad-in-law! looks like so much fun. why do big events always seem to coinside with other big events? that happens to us all the time!

Becky said...

What a beautiful couple! It looks like the wedding was a success and everyone looks beautiful. We missed you and I'll work on getting you some pictures of the other wedding ASAP!