Tuesday, February 24, 2009

on the mend

So, it has now been 1 week since my knee surgery. I am now on the mend...and it looks like it will be along road of recovery.
Surgery went okay, it ended up being a hour longer than planned because my knee was a lot worse then the dr expected. Once they opened my knee up they found out that I did not even have an ACL left and that my Meniscus was not attached and was floating around in my knee, they also had to go in and scrap out a bunch of scar tissue and arthritis that had been building up in my knee over the years since my original injury back in high school.
I now spend all of my time at home with my right leg elevated and hooked up to my ice machine and wait for Shawn to come home from school so he can get me some new ice, medicine, and food.

I have also had some much appreciated help from some family and friends. Blake, Brock, Amy, and Jared have all been on babysitting duty and have all helped take care of me on different days. Shawns mom, Vickie, has come and helped out for a day and made a yummy dinner. Melissa Weed and Zelig have also come and babysat so that Shawn could spend a Friday night with the boys doing boy things. And I also need to thank Amy for coming out and cleaning my house and making some yummy meals for Shawn and I to eat for a few days (my dear husband as amazing as he is, does not cook) and to Megan and Eric for some dinners as well.

I have my dr appointment tomorrow to see how things are healing up and them I get to start my physical therapy.
Thank you everyone for your help.

3 comments:

Barkley's said...

I wish there was something i could do to help and i know grandma wishes that she could be there to help you. Get well soon

Bethany said...

oh my goodness!!! i am so sorry, i hope you recover well and FAST!!!

Cynthia said...

Garrett insists that all of the boys are really good at cooking hotdogs - maybe Shawn's holding out on you. Anyway, I'm glad you're mending. I talked with Mom last night and she said that she really enjoyed spending time with you. Sounds like quite a surgery. I hope when you get all healed, you're as good as new. Hope you're enjoying the books too!