Monday, December 7, 2009

Our nephew is stronger than your nephew

This past Saturday Shawn and I drove up to Ogden area to go and watch our oldest nephew wrestle. I was shocked when we got to the high school for the tournament-I was expecting a little mat with a few little boys wrestling. It turns out wrestling is a pretty big deal in Northern Utah. There were 2 gyms full of hundreds of little boys ages 5-9 wrestling.
This is Corbins second year wrestling and he is amazing! It was fun to watch him. He has only lost 1 match in the last 2 years. He won all 3 matches that we saw him wrestle- he sure had one proud uncle!

Shawn and Hadley watching Corbin wrestle. Hadley will start wrestling next year.


Corbin on the mat waiting for his opponent to come back onto the mat to announce the winner. The little boy he was wrestling lost and ran off crying...so Corbin just stood there waiting for him to come back so they could raise his hand in the air signifying he won.

Corbin pinning his opponent




Proud Uncle Shawn with Corbin and his first place metal.
When I asked Corbin how he got so good at wrestling he said, "its because I am a Platt"
Shawn let me know that this was just going to be a glimpse into what our future is going to be like when we have little boys....now I wishing for all girls!
Thank you Corbin for letting us come and watch you wrestle-we had alot of fun, uncle Shawn says he is going to make sure you teach our little boys to wrestle as good as you someday!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Wow! That Corbin does look strong! Wish we could be there too. We feel bad because Cael hasn't done wrestling yet and now Corbin is going to really woop up on him :) Ah well, that's what cousins do
BTW your x-mas card is adorable! will you do mine next year?