Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas 2011

I have always LOVED Christmas....but with a child of your own to celebrate it with makes it even better!
This year Christmas consisted of:
-Callie and I both loving having Shawn at home for his 2 week Christmas break. Callie became very attached to her daddy for the 2 weeks and is sad he is not home as much
-Brock coming home from BYU for the holidays and bringing a special friend...Emily Anne...and we all adored her
-Talking to Kyle on his mission to Brazil
-Decorating gingerbread houses with everyone. We represented with a decorated "Platt Dental Office"
-Christmas Eve at the Youds for the Nativity and treats. Callie got to be the baby Jesus-her first time performing...and she did great!
-While I was away for a couple of hours Shawn decided to work with Callie and teach her to climb the stairs. So now at 6 months she can climb to the top of the stairs in mere seconds...Her daddy was so proud. Not sure how I feel about it since I am the one home with her everyday.
-Me busting out in "Music Box Dancers" on the piano for the Nelson talent show
-Christmas Eve was spent opening PJs at Uncle Jared's house. Callie got her first pair of pjs sewn by her grandma-with a matching holly berry headband
-Christmas was on Sunday and the gifts were not opened until 11:30 after Church
-The traditional Nelson Christmas breakfast of aebleskivers and bacon with all the extended family was wonderful
-Callie got her first little dolly and stroller to push around
-Christmas at home with my family was amazing and celebrating Christmas with your own new little family of 3 was the best!
Callie with her Chrismtas jammiesCallie pushing her baby in her new strollerCallie anxious to open all of her giftsChloe (Mary) with Callie (Baby Jesus) in the Christmas Eve NativityMom, Jared, Amy, Brock, Shawn, Callie, and I openeing our pjsCallie, Shawn, and I with our pjs on ready for bed and for Santa to comeBrock and Shawn feeding Callie-they made sure to have extra reinforments on (for fear that things would get messy)and draped her in a towl Jared loves Christmas time and was very happy making gingerbread housesEmily, Callie, and Brock going on farm ridesShawn with his gingerbread Dental OfficeCallie learning to climb the stairs We went on lots of cold walks with daddy while he was home with us for his Christmas breakShawn and Callie looking at the ducks

No comments: