Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Callie's and her BFF

 Callie has a new BFF-her cousin Porter was it for the first 18 months of her life-but someone new has stepped into that role this past Christmas and ever since.  Aunt Em-il-dee (as Callie calls her) has become the new BFF and really her new favorite person EVER!  She loves  and adores her Aunt Emily!!!  
Aunt Emily and Brock were just visiting a few weeks ago when Kyle got home from his mission and Callie never left her side the whole 4 days they were here.  I know Emily comes home to visit and relax and instead gets stuck with a spunky and adoring toddler who truly spends all her waking moments with her patient Aunt.  I will get Callie out of bed in the morning and she will ask, "Em-il-dee here?" When I tell her yes that Emily is still her she says, "ok- I go get her" and she marches upstairs to Emily's room to go and reunite with her again.  
Thankfully Aunt Emily is so sweet and kind and patient with her pint sized BFF and (hopefully) does not mind being smothered by her, but I did tell Emily that her confidence is defiantly boosted when she comes to visit because the whole time Callie is hugging her and kissing her and saying, 
"Em-il-dee so nice" ,"Em-il-dee so cute".  And when Emily is not here we talk about her everyday, get to talk to her on the phone and facetime, and Callie even remembers her Aunt Emily in all of her prayers!







We love our Aunt Emily and are so happy to have her as part of the Nelson family and I am so thankful that she is so sweet to Callie and such a great role model for her to look up to. 

No comments: