This past weekend, Shawn, Brock, and I all drove up to
Rexburg to go to our really good family friend and
Brocks best friend since they were 5 years old, Adam
Hassell's wedding. We left Friday
straight from work and dropped Brock off with some friends and Shawn and I got to stay with Mike Shirts, one of our really good mission friends. We spent Saturday sleeping in and then hanging out with our friend. That evening we caught up with Brock again and headed to the reception in
Manan, Idaho. A small farming town outside of
Rexburg. The reception was great, we had a good time and we were happy to go and support the
Hassell family. Shawn and I also had a good time getting to talk with Brock to and from
Rexburg since he is in
Pennsylvania, selling for
APX for the summer and we never get to talk to him anymore. We got home around 1 pm Saturday night and went
straight to bed since we had to wake up at 6:30 to take Brock to the airport the next morning so he could fly back to PA.
We also loved getting to see both the Idaho Falls Temple and the
Rexburg Temple while in Idaho.
Brock and Adam at the reception

Kalee, Brocky, Adam, Me, and Shawn
Kalee, Brock, Shawn, Me, and Karen
Hassell (Adam's mom) eating at the reception

Idaho Falls Temple

Mike and Shawn

Shawn and I by the beautiful falls in front of the Idaho Falls Temple

Brock thought it would be funny to buy Shawn a huge 3 pound turkey
leg at a gas station during our 4 hour drive to
Rexburg. We all ate some as our dinner-and it actually tasted pretty good.

Shawn with the Turkey leg.
1 comment:
I need to call Shawn. Did he ever tell you that as a kid we ALWAYS forgot his birthday! Poor kid! It was right after school got over and things were always crazy, and we forgot him. And then, what do I do...forget it once again. I changed my "block calendar" yesterday because it was about a week behind, and when I saw that it was the 9th, I just said, "Oh dang it! I forgot Shawn's birthday!" So I really need to call him and tell him what a bad sister I am.
Post a Comment