Literally a dream came true this weekend when Shawn and I went to Vernal, Utah. No one will really understand except for my
roommates:
Cherly,
KaLee, and
Bethdany. When we were all
roommates together we decided we wanted to visit all of the Temples in Utah-we did good and got to all of them but the Vernal and
Monticello Temples. Ever since then (2002) I have been wanting to go to the Vernal Temple. 1. because it was one of the 2 Temples in Utah that I have not been to yet and 2. because it is such a cool Temple too. It was originally a tabernacle that was built by the pioneers back in 1907 and then was going to be torn down many years later but President
Hinckley went out to visit the old tabernacle and decided to keep it and turn it into a temple. It was then Dedicated as a Temple in 1997.
Although Shawn was not as excited as I was to travel the 2 1/2 hours to get to Vernal-it turned out to be a fun weekend together. We found a nice hotel to stay at, got to do a session, and enjoyed touring the town out in the middle of Eastern Utah.




I was so happy to finally fulfill this dream of going to the Vernal, Utah Temple after 8 years.
4 comments:
Hooray for making it to Vernal!!!
i'm so jealous! ;) i wish we could have all been there! it looks so pretty and wintery.
Darn. I really want to go too. So, maybe we should all get together and go to the Monticello. But now there are more temples that we need to go to. It can be one of our roommate reunions! So fun for you though!
Neat goal! I'm glad you made it.
Post a Comment