The drop off procedure is different in the MTC now and it is just a quick hug and a picture on the sidewalk and they whisk the missionary off for the next 2 years. I did not love this new way of saying good bye because I was hoping for more pictures and hugs and good byes...but Kyle was ready to go so it worked out.
Elder Nelson ready to go!
Kyle and Porter
Me, Savannah, Kyle, Porter, and Brock
Me, Shawn, Kyle, Porter, and Brock
The night before we all went to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner

I am going to miss Kyle for the next 2 years. He has flown out to hang with us a couple times a year and then lived with us this summer and he is the one that helps entertain Shawn when we go out to Oregon to visit so we will defiantly be missing him. But we know that he has been preparing and excited to go on his mission now since he was 9 years old when Blake left. He will be a great missionary and as much as we will miss him he is where he needs to be!
I do have to say that I have some pretty proud parents (and they should be) because they have now sent off the last of their 5 children on a mission. And that is defiantly a compliment to them for being such great examples and wonderful parents to us all.
2 comments:
So excited for him! Glad you got some pictures up of the MTC drop off
Aww! He's grown up so much since I last saw him! (Which was probably when we went camping...how many years ago was that?)
Post a Comment