My handsome little husband just had a birthday! He is now 23 years old, and becoming quite an old man, even though he is 2 1/2 years younger then me. So, I decided to get Shawn a BBQ for his birthday, I bought it Friday morning (since I had his truck while he was at school) and since I had bought it a day early I had to try and hide it until Saturday. I hid it behind our little shed and Friday night he was insited on watering the lawn...and he spied his BBQ with a big bow on it and knew it was his. He has loved it so far, and we are both so excited to start Barbecuing all summer long.
For Shawn's birthday I planned alittle party with all of Shawn's family (except for Ben and Becky...sorry we wish you lived closer). His dad and fiance came down from Evanston with Necha, Josh and their girls, and then Garrett, Cynthia, Brandon, Mandy, Amanda, Ben, and Joseph, and lots of little nephwes came to help celebrate the day. We had a big BBQ with steaks and hot dogs, we all played volleyball (and I have to say that the 8 month pregnant, Mandy, was the VIP), we had yummy cupcakes, and ice cream, and then there was lots of visiting with eachother while all the kids played the day away.
Here is Grandpa Eugene taking care of the babies. Little Maggie, and 4 month old Jacob, the newest of the Platt clan...and so cute. Grandpa Eugene is the best, he always has a baby in his arms, and the kids all love him.
Once we brought the cupcakes out, the kids all swarmed around Shawn, they loved all of the colorful sprinkles on the chocolate frosting.
Shawn got a BBQ from his wonderful wife, along with a cute birthday outfit, some BBQ supplies and $ from my paretns, and an awsome 5 person tent from all of his family. We are excited to have our new tent. Thank you everyone for the tent and for all driving down to Provo to help celebrate Shawn's special day, I know that he was so happy to have everyone together for his birthday.
1 comment:
And what fun it was! Hey! I want the cupcake recipe...I got home and thought, "Dang it! I should have stolen some cupcakes!" Oh well. But they were sure good!! And I also want the recipe for those rice krispy marshmellow chocolate chip things! Those are amazing! I am going to keep you in mind to cook my last meal (in 75 years) :)
Post a Comment