Friday, July 11, 2008

Oregon #2

Next thing on our Oregon list was to go out and hike through Silver Creek Falls, which is a beautiful spot to hike where you pass by 8 huge waterfalls and tons of little ones. Shawn and I set out to take out hike through the falls, it is a 15+ mile hike, so we decided that we were satisfied with a 5 mile hike and 4 waterwalls.
All of the falls had their own names, but I have forgotten them all by now.
thought I would add a picture to show just a glimps of how beautiful Oregon is, it really is this green and amazing. I suggest everyone go and visit, and if you do go and visit make sure to go through Silver Creek Falls.

And my lovely husband who is always so concerend with giving back to nature and the great out doors. He decided to stop and water the grass and shrubs. (I think he would mad if he knew I added this picture, especially since he didnt even know I took it!) Then thursday (Rodeo Day) came and I must say that I love going to the St Paul Rodeo. Most of the Nelson cousins and Aunt and Uncles get togehter and we all go to the Rodeo the night before the Fourth and I love it! My parents stay home and hung with Jared for the night. But here we have Kyle, Shawn, Me, Allie, and my high school freind Kelley. We arrive a few hours early to eat delisiously greasy fair food and we walk around the fair until the Rodeo starts and ends with a great Fireworks show.

My favorite part of the Rodeo is the wild horse chase and of course my husband loves the bull riding. I also love the elephant ears and cotton candy.
Lisa, Todd, Max, and baby Charlie (who is the newest of the Nelson cousins and so cute and chubby) he is making his Rodeo debute a little ealry in his life.
Then we have O'Brian, Diane, and Lance
Amy and Brax

The Rodeo is definalty one of our families favorite traditions.

1 comment:

Mark & Linda Ellingson said...

Are you aware that there is a fine for "taking a leak" within 100' of surface water?