Shawn and I went tubing down the Provo River with
Shawn;s
MTC companion, Mike Johnson and his wife. It was a perfect day, very warm and sunny and we were so excited to go. Tubing down the river was one of the things we wanted to mark off our "Fun Things To Do List" We got into the water and it was freezing cold and the current was very strong where we entered the water. Since the water was so freezing I was still trying to adjust to the water and being
alittle bit slow and everyone else was way ahead of me. Well, I was on my way down when we came to a bridge in the water, the current took me to the left side of the bridge and made me hit one of the pilings that went into the water. I got flipped off of my tube and sucked under the water, the water was so powerful in that spot that it took me a few tries but I was finally able to make it to the surface to grab onto my tube. While being taken under water I lost my shoes and my hat (my
favorite hat too) and I scraped and bruised my legs really bad (now I have 4 big bruises on my legs and my whole left leg is all one huge gash from my knee to my ankle). This was a very scary experience for me especially since I was by myself and everyone was way ahead of me. Shawn realized I was not behind him and he stopped and waited for me. But by that time I was freezing, wet, bloody, and a little scared to continue on. But Shawn promised to stay by me the rest of the way down the river and even let me hold onto his tube most of the way. By the time we reached the end of the river I was having fun and was happy to go and even happier to mark this off our list of fun things to do.

Mike and his wife
Kesha Johnson.
1 comment:
it sounds like a scary experience! well you know where it was all calm and had a lot of trees,the part before the bridge where you almost died, well that is where my husband asked me to marry him! it was scary to try not to let my ring slip off my wet cold shrunken finger but a good experience. its too bad we moved i would have liked to see you there and gain a better relationship, i feel like i am getting to know you through your blog. well love you and hope to see more of whats on your list. xoxox missy
Post a Comment