Thursday, April 16, 2009

Snow on APRIL 16!?!?!?

So this is the sight that we woke up to this morning....
I was on my way out the back door and I opened our blinds and this is what I saw. A huge branch from the tree behind our house crashed down onto our car last night. Since it is the middle of April and spring is suppose to be here all of the trees are blooming and getting their leaves, well they were not all prepared for a big snow storm. So, with the extra weight of the new leaves and all of the snow and ice it caused many limbs and trees to break.
Luckily Shawn hadn't left for campus yet, so him and a neighbor and I had to get the huge tree limb off the car-it was about 8-10 inches around at the base and probably weighed about 400 pounds-it was huge. The branch was now off of the roof of the car but now it blocked the driveway and I couldn't get out, so Shawn and our other neighbor had to cut the branch apart with a chain saw and move it out of the way. In the meantime we moved the car up on the lawn to get it out of the way and it got stuck in our grass and snow in the back yard.
And to top it all off I slipped in the snow and hyper-extended my surgery-recovering knee.

What a crazy morning-and all because of this snow storm in the middle of April! Part of the tree branch after it was moved off of the car.
Here is a picture of Shawn standing back behind the tree branch.




2 comments:

Necha said...

Ekk! we have a ton of snow here too! But we don't have leaves yet. (Wyoming trees know better! lol) So luckily we haven't had damage! There was a snow storm here once in the middle of July, and it was terrible! Trees were down all over town! Scary! Did it dent your car???

Cynthia said...

'Tis the season of the fickle weather - so sorry about the car and the knee.