
The day after winter semester finals got over Brock, Shawn, and our cousin, Brandalyn, all drove back home to Oregon. Shawn was going back with them to stay in Oregon with my family for 17 days to shadow some dentist-while I stayed in Utah to work- all by myself.
Shawn has to have 150+hours shadowing dentist before he can apply to Dental Schools next Summer, so we decided to have him start now. We have 2 good family friends back in Oregon that Shawn got to go and shadow-he really enjoyed himself and learned alot from both of them.
The same weekend that Brock and Shawn got home to Oregon happened to be the same weekend that our home Stake was having Stake Conference. This happened to be a special Stake Conference because an Apostle and a member of the Seventy were going to be staying at my parents house and speaking at Stake Conference. So, Shawn and my family at home got to spend the weekend with Elder Nelson and his son-in-law and newly call Seventy, Elder Christensen. Everyone had commented on the amazing weekend they had in the presence of one of the Apostles. I now regret not going home for the weekend too.
Shawn was thoroughly enjoying himself at home in Oregon with my family and I was counting down the days and thoroughly not enjoying my days at home in Utah as a widow. I do NOT like being home by myself and I especially do NOT like being at home at night alone. As, much as I did not like my days alone...I did survive!



No comments:
Post a Comment