Monday, April 11, 2011

Arches National Park

Shawn and I have had such a fun time making little weekend road trips out of our Dental School interviews. For the first 2 in Nebraska we were able to spend a week visiting both Creighton and U of Nebraska, attending Shawn's best friends wedding, visiting the Winter Quarters Temple and Visitors Center, and visiting Mt. Rushmore. -For the UNLV interview Shawn and I got to get away for the weekend and headed down to Vegas for a fun time visiting crazy Las Vegas and for Shawn the highlight was visiting the Pawn Stars Pawn Shop. -For the University of Washington we got to fly out to Oregon and stay with my family and be there for Kyle's mission farewell and then spend a night in Seattle. -For the Utah interview Shawn just headed up to South Jordan and nothing too exciting happened and I didn't even get a picture of Shawn before he headed up for his interview. -And then for the Colorado interview we headed east to Colorado and stayed with great friends, enjoyed the drive, and got to stop at Arches National Park in Moab on the way home. As Shawn and I were driving back through Utah we saw lots of signs for Arches and decided to put it into the GPS to find out how far off of our path we would have to travel to go and visit before we got home and it was only 27 miles-so we headed to the park (something we have always wanted to do before we left Utah). We had such a great time. We talked to the visitors center and found out which hikes would be easy enough for an 8 month pregnant lady to go on and there were actually quite a few. We got to drive up to some arches and rock formations and then got out and walked around them and it was actually nice to get out of the car to walk around and it was really nice to get my heart rate up and enjoy some amazing views with my husband. -I am grateful for the fun little road trips that Shawn and I were able to take together as a couple before this baby comes....I am sure things will be different once she is with us and we wont be able to throw 1 suitcase in the car and take off for a few days. Delicate Arch. This was a very long hike to get all the way up to it so we opted out and took the half mile hike there and back to the look out point. A very pregnant me with Delicate Arch in the background

Shawn

Shawn and I with the North and South Window Arches

Shawn and I And Shawn and I with Balanced Rock

1 comment:

Bethany said...

How AWESOME! I loove Moab, I'm so glad you guys got to stop there!