Thursday, May 5, 2011

So....good news from the Platt Family!

Shawn got an interview invite from OHSU (Oregon Health Science University) and he flew out to Oregon last Thursday night and had his interview on Friday. He loved the school and of course we love the area and best of all-all of my family lives out there too.
We were anxious to hear back from them since this has always been our top school to go to...and just last night as Shawn and I were leaving the Provo Temple he checked his phone and he had an email from OHSU Congratulating him on being accepted to their school!!!!!!
We are so excited to finally hear back and not only that but to hear back so quickly from them (just 1 week after his interview) and to hear back from our top school! What a great relief and blessing.
Shawn has been working so hard these last 4 years at BYU to get into Dental School and to fulfill his dream of being a dentist! Just a few months ago while in Wyoming Shawn and I were looking through some boxes in his old room at his dads house and I found a note in there from Shawn that he wrote in 7th grade and it talked about how he wanted to be a dentist when he "grew up". What an amazing thing to always know what you want to do in life-and now he is done with his Physiology degree and on his was to his top dental school and continuing on the path to become a great dentist!
I am so proud of Shawn and all the work he has put into getting into Dental School.

Now we are just waiting for this little baby to come join our family in just a few short weeks and then we are going to move back to Oregon. I moved out here to Utah in 2001 to start school and have not been back home since, so for me this is honestly a dream come true. Now my baby and I will be able to spend lots of time with all of my family while Shawn spends lots of long days at school.

I looked back on my childhood growing up with my cousins and siblings and grandparents on the farm and I am so excited and feel so blessed for my baby to to grow up with her cousins and grandparents and family all so close.

Hope Oregon is ready for us...because we are moving back!

4 comments:

KaLee said...

Congrats Shawn and Carissa! It will be fantastic to be close to family while you are in school (I loved being close to mine!) Also, I can't wait to see/meet that little darling of yours!

Kylie said...

yeah!!! congrats you guys! oh i bet your so excited!!! that's awesome, so glad you'll be near all the fam and we'll get to see you when we come up there! now all you need is your baby to come out:)

Bethany said...

WHOA!!!!!!!!! That is crazy! What an amazing miracle!!! And it happened so fast too! Huge congratulations! I'm bummed you won't be in Colorado, but now we'll just have to come visit you in OREGON!!! YAY!!!!

Elder Cameron Bennion said...

WOW!!!!! Lots of excitement!!! Congratulations to you! It takes 2 to make it happen! You have been a great support to each other!