skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Wyoming Weekend!
Shawn and I spent the weekend in Evanston with; Garrett and Cynthia (Shawn's oldest brother) and their two little boys, Brandon and Mandy (Shawn's older brother) and their two boys, Necha and Josh (Shawn's older sister) and their two little girls, Eugene (Shawn's dad) and Shawn and I. We spent the weekend relaxing, watching movies, eating pizza and ice cream, talking, playing with all the little nieces and nephews, and all of the Platt boys went shooting. Shawn's favorite part of the weekend was that he was able to talk his dad and little brother, Joseph, into taking the Vesped moped back to Provo for the winter. Eugene bought the scooter at a garage sale a few months ago, and Shawn has been trying to figure out a way to get it to Provo that whole time. Shawn loves this thing. It will be nice to ride to campus to save on gas and he will be able to park alot closer to campus! You should see us because we ride on it together (I get to sit in the front) its great! We took a Sunday evening ride yesterday on the little path behind our house that follows the river through Provo, I wanted to drive for a sec. so, when it was my turn to drive I crashed it into a fallen tree in front of a big group of people (and they all laughed) because Shawn and I both fell off and we were only go 15 mph. I skinned my knee and hurt my hand. Shawn always drives now.
Here is a picture of Shawn with little Maggie (Shawn's older sister, Necha's, baby). Maggie was born almost 6 months ago and was born three months early and weighted alittle over 1 lbs and lived in SL Children's hospital for the last few months. So, we were so excited to finally meet her and to see her so happy and alert and chubby...she now weighs 10 lbs. She is such a good baby too, she just sits and chills on your lap and loves to look around with her big blue eyes. We are so blessed to have such amazing medical miracles happen, so that we can have Maggie in the family!
And, finally here is a picture of Shawn leaving for class this morning, on his "motorcycle" as he calls it. If you ask me this thing is far from a motorcycle. But it is so cute how much Shawn loves this thing already. Honestly, if you gave Shawn the choice of having a real motorcycle or this Vesped, I think he would choose the Vesped! He is in charge of Family Home Evening tonight, so you can all guess what we are going to be doing...go for a ride on the moped...O the exciting life of a poor newlywed couple!
2 comments:
Garrett and I got a big kick out of the moped pictures. We had a great weekend too. I love the picture of you and Shawn at the game. Thanks for keeping up on this - It's fun to read.
Oh funny! I loved the Moped story about hitting the tree, and when you said "Shawn always drives now." I about fell out of my chair laughing! And that is a cute picture of Maggie. I'd like a copy of it!
Post a Comment