Friday, September 12, 2008

Quirky things about Carissa

I was in a workshop yesterday for work and I got alittle bored so I started thinking about a blog that I had just read and it talked about a few interesting and quirky things about that person that many other people may not know about them. I started thinking about things about me that many people may not know, I started writing a few of the things down and I decided to post them on my blog (mainly to share with my mom and husband to see really how well they really know me).
-I am absolutely horrible with directions, I cannot follow maps and I never know where my north, south, east, and west are. To me north is always right in front of me, so no matter which direction I am standing north is always straight ahead.

-I have to always have my volume on an even number when I am in my car, I don't know why that is just how it has always been. On purpose my husband will put his volume on an odd number when we are in his vehicle or at home.

-I love sprinkles. If I ever see anything covered in sprinkles I want it. I know they don't really taste like anything and they are mostly to attract little kids but they also attract me. My favorite is a donut with chocolate frosting and nice covering of colorful sprinkles.

-I have a fear of being in a bad car accident. I am always a very paranoid passenger, especially in traffic or bad weather.

-I make lists for everything! I have lists at work, lists on my refrigerator, temporary lists everywhere and then a permanent list that I carry in my purse. I also love to cross things off my list! I will write something down on my list that I had just done so that I can have the satisfaction of crossing it off.
My husband hates list, he wants nothing to do with them. So, I have a secret list for him that I make and then I will cross things off of it when he does things.

-I learned on my mission that I have a very real and extreme phobia of mice and rats. Like I was in a room that had mice in it while teaching on my mission and started sweating, and my heart was pounding and I could not put my feet on the floor and I was seriously having a panic attack. I had to leave and go home to lay down on my bed to calm down.
I just keep thinking these dirty nasty mice are going to run up my pant leg and bite me. I just read yesterday that like 100 people die a year from some disease that mice and rats carry and I do not want to be one of those statistics!

-I don't know why but I never put a new toilet paper roll in the toilet paper holder. Whenever I have a new roll I will just leave it on the counter, or the floor, or anywhere else but the holder. I never realized this but my husband had to point it out for me because he is the one who always does it. Now that I am aware of this, I am trying to do better.

-I cannot stand to see anyone get a shot. I don't mind getting a shot myself, but I cannot watch anyone else get a shot. Even when it is animated on TV and someone gets a shot it makes me a little woozy and nauseous. I will defiantly need my mother when I have children of my own that will need shots at the doctors.

-I have to have fingernail clippers with me everywhere I go. I have a pair at home, in my car, in my purse, and in my desk at work. I cannot stand to have any kind of hangnail or little piece of skin that needs clipped, I have to take care of it immediately or I cannot concentrate on anything.

- And last quirky and strange thing about me is that I am a very "scardy cat girl" I am always worried about bad guys being in my home. Whenever Shawn and I get home from a trip I always have him check out the whole house (like under the beds, and in the closets before I can come in and unpack). I also always pull my shower curtain back to make sure no one is in their before I go into the bathroom, I also have Shawn check under our Love Sac...you know those Bad Guys can be creative hiders.

Well that is about it, and I am sure some of my roommates already knew most of that strange stuff about me too.

8 comments:

KaLee said...

This made me laugh! I had totally forgotten about the fingernail clippers until you mentioned them!

Necha said...

Ha Ha Ha! I learned a lot about you!! You are as "strange" as I am!! LOL

Jade and Dot Nielson said...

Hey Carissa! You don't know me...I'm Sean's cousin's wife, Dot. Anyway, I keep up with you through your blog (which is adorable!) And this entry made me laugh! I totally relate to the even-number-volume thing...I do that with my t.v., too. Except that with the t.v. I have to use the remote, and it never lands right on the even number, so I have turn it down even more to land on the right number so that when I turn it up it will be even, and that usually takes a while and it drives my husband crazy! But it has to be that way or I will go crazy! Just wanted to let you know that there are other crazies in the family! I hope to meet you soon! Dot

Megan and Adam said...

What a great idea! It is so funny because most of the things you wrote sounds just like me! I am very scared of getting into an accident and of being attacked or being home alone and somthing bad happening! I like things on even numbers as well! I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who does quirky things!!

Barkley's said...

Cute blog Carissa! I knew about the sprinkles, but none of the other things. The list thing is TOTALLY me too!! I have to follow a list when I go grocery shopping and I ALWAYS make a list before I "deep" clean.

Necha said...

Happy Birthday to you!! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Dear Carissa, Happy birthday to you!!! We love you and hope you are having a great birthday!! (I would call you but I am afraid you will be in bed already! Sorry I forgot to call earlier!)

Necha said...

Oh, it's not as late as I thought it was! It just gets darker earlier...I am going to go call you! I was thinking it was almost ten, but it's almost nine...okay I am calling you now.

Jade and Dot Nielson said...

Happy birthday, Carissa! When I finally get to meet you I'll bring you a cake with a candle on it!