Friday, January 2, 2009

APX Sub-for-Santa

I work for the best company-I truly love my job! They are very good at giving back and helping other people. This Christmas we did a Sub-for-Santa where we raised over $114,000 to help out families in need. On December 10th we all met together at the APX basketball court and got into teams and got lots of cash and went shopping. We each had a few families to buy for with lists of the kids names, sizes, and what the kids want for Christmas.
Here is Shawn and I with 3 carts full of warm coats, gloves, and lots of toys and books for 2 families. It was so much fun buying for these families. Shawn and I were running around everywhere, it was great thinking of each of the kids and trying to pick out just the right thing for each of them.
The on December 11, the next night, we all met at the APX basketball court again and we put all our gifts together and put them in big Santa bags and then we got to go out and actually deliver all of these gifts to our families.
Here is Shawn stuffing a big full of clothes and toys. Shawn and I will all of our bags for 1 of our families with 1 boy and 4 little girls.



And here is a shot of some Santa bags all filled and ready to be sent out to families all over Utah county.
I think we ended up helping out over 600+ families and thousands of kids.
This was such an amazing experience for both Shawn and I, especially since we got to bring the gifts we bought to our cute little family that we got to help. I am grateful for my job and the opportunities it gives us to give back and to impact the lives of so many people.



3 comments:

Necha said...

That looks like so much fun!! I REALLY am jelous that I wasn't there!! :)

Bethany said...

how amazing is that? btw, i LOVE your blog header!! ;) and i hope you get your comments e-mailed to you, cause i just left you lots. ;)

Cynthia said...

What a great experience - and good pictures too. It's fun to be part of something great!